Do More with Less
No enterprise can afford software that’s outdated or inefficient. Yet many organizations overlook one of the most costly drains on their resources: TCPIP network automation and control.
If you’re still using NetMaster to control your network, it’s costing you too much. VitalSigns for Network Automation and Control is a lightweight, browser-based mainframe monitor and manager that does everything you need–at about half the cost of NetMaster.
VNAC delivers unmatched performance and unmatched value.
VitalSigns for Network Automation and Control is the most advanced tool you can get for combining z/OS controls with IP monitoring. VNAC is now in its 4th release and is in production in small and large mainframe environments.
- Saves up to 50% off NetMaster costs.
- Executes under the z/OS Master Scheduler and assists in IPLs and system shutdown.
- Provides simple REXX scripts, easily tailored for IPL and system shutdown.
- Supports global stem variables and includes additional REXX and performance enhancements.
- Integrates with the VIP monitor for easier troubleshooting.
Get VNAC. And get VIP at no additional cost.
VitalSigns for IP (VIP) is the mainframe world’s best tool for monitoring the z/OS Communications Server and the z/OS TCP/IP network. And it’s a package deal. You get VitalSigns for IP at no extra cost with VitalSigns for Network Automation and Control.
VitalSigns for IP provides:
- Centralized, easy-to-use, real-time monitoring.
- Historical batch reports.
- Precise diagnostic tools: Packet tracing that spans an entire sysplex, accurate trace route for EE.
- Dedicated dashboards for OSA, FTP, IP stacks, sysplex distributor, telnet, heavy hitters, EE, HPR, and local and remote applications.
- Traffic to and from z/Linux and z/VM.
VIP simplifies the diagnosis of IBM OSA traffic. An OSA trace searches vast amounts of data to focus on:
- Discarded Ethernet frames
- Messages of a specific IP or Ethernet type
- Frames passing to or from a specific MAC or IP address.
VIP recognizes the power of z/OS to automatically assign IPv6 addresses. VIP recognizes and reports machine-generated addresses. It also provides IPv6-aware tools for troubleshooting.
VIP delivers performance alerts. VNAC handles the problem.
VNAC can be configured to log and automatically respond to IP network alerts generated by VIP. VIP monitors the IP network and alerts network engineers immediately when performance or events exceed specified thresholds.
You’re notified about slow response times, failing network devices, and overtaxed interfaces as soon as they happen, by email, SNMP, or console messages. Even better, VIP can send alerts directly to its partner, VNAC, for automatic response. Then VNAC can invoke an exec to fix the problem, re-direct traffic, or otherwise deal with the issue.
Start doing more, for less, with VitalSigns for Network Automation and Control.