Cost-Effective 3270 Modernization
VSR leverages existing 3270 application screens and converts them into modern and user-friendly Web UIs. But unlike other solutions that rely on server-based Web applications, VSR:
- Is designed to be used by 3270 application developers familiar with the legacy screen UIs and their users; does not require web development skills (HTML5, JS, etc.).
- Utilizes Virtel Web Access’ infrastructure to serve Web UI pages from the host straight to the user’s Web browser through secure HTTPS connections; does not require TN3270 connections, middle-tier servers, or client applets.
- Uses automated screen capture, a visual drag-and-drop IDE, reusable screen-to-webpage conversion templates, and integrated widgets to accelerate development.
With VSR, you can reap the benefits of modernizing your 3270 user screens without the tremendous costs associated with a full-scale modernization or replacement project. VSR provides a cost-effective way to transform users’ “green screens” quickly and easily without completely overhauling your entire 3270 infrastructure.
VSR provides a simple, safe, and cost-effective way to rapidly improve your 3270 applications’ usability, accessibility, and user experience.
Leverage Your 3270 Applications
Modern and user-friendly web pages are generated from existing 3270 screens. No 3270 application changes or new development is required.
Leverage VWA Infrastructure
The same Virtel Web Access infrastructure used for 3270 terminal emulation serves the host-generated web pages straight to the users’ web browsers. No Telnet, middle-tier servers, or client applets required.
Leverage 3270 Developers
Mainframe application developers transfer their understanding of the 3270 screen UIs and users directly into the development of the new web UIs. No web development skills are required.
- Converts outdated 3270 screen UIs to modern Web UIs
- Converts 3270 data entry fields to widgets, when applicable
- Style is easily changed to meet your corporate standards
- Works instantly with any Web-enabled client regardless of device, OS, or browser
- Deploys easily: simply point client web browsers to pre-defined URL
- Drag-and-drop IDE: no Web development skills or coding required
- Leverages developers’ understanding of 3270 screen UIs and users
- Leverages Virtel Web Access (3270 TE) web-to-host infrastructure
- Supports partial development and deployment for cost-control and earlier ROI
- No 3270 application changes or new development required
- No web services development required
- No middle-tier servers or client applets required
- Secure end-to-end encrypted HTTPS connections
Green Screen No More! Tracking a Customer’s Path to Modern Web UIs
Join us as we look into a recent customer success story. Register now for this 30-minute webinar on Wednesday, February 28 at 1:00PM CT.