Real-Time z/OS Risk Awareness
This continuous monitoring solution can further strengthen even the most secure mainframe. SDS IronSphere for z/OS also provides assistance for, while complying with, standards that U.S. Federal Government agencies are required to follow. Automatic z/OS STIG compliance monitoring is a major highlight, but IronSphere offers many more security compliance features for the mainframe.
IronSphere for z/OS follows Frameworks and Guidelines
This tool was created by mainframe penetration testers and compliance-minded, security experts. Due to their experience in the field, IronSphere for z/OS follows the guidelines that play integral roles in the framework of security compliance mandates and are required to be followed within certain sectors.
IronSphere provides Mainframe Compliance Assistance by:
- Adhering to NIST ISCM (Information Security Continuous Monitoring) Guidelines
- Following NIST CSF (Cybersecurity Framework)
- Following RMF (Risk Management Framework)
- Automatically running security diagnostic scans based on DISA (Defense Information Systems Agency) STIGs (Security Technical Implementation Guides) – Compliance to DISA STIGs is a DoD requirement
This tool also assists in complying with many additional standards (GDPR, FISMA, etc.) by following above frameworks.
How will IronSphere help your Organization?
This solution automatically and continuously identifies system risks, then delivers easy-to-follow remediation steps as part of the assessment results. In addition, results are kept within the tool, proving to compliance auditors that you’ve been continuously monitoring your z/OS system and adhering to ISCM and RMF protocols.
This mainframe solution offers a new level of system visibility by displaying z/OS scan results and system vulnerabilities in a GUI with a “40,000 foot view” for specialized experts within the Security and GRC Teams, Upper-Level Managers, and the z/OS Mainframe Team. The display also contains more details to satisfy and guide z/OS team members charged with implementing the fixes detailed in the guides.
Automate z/OS STIG compliance and add security with IronSphere.
IronSphere for z/OS – Key Benefits
Simplify z/OS Security Compliance by Automating STIGs
Additional Checks and Flexibility
Many z/OS components lacking DISA STIGs already have their own checks created on the IronSphere system and can be made available to users. If you need another set of checks, simply request it and it’ll be configured ASAP.
Also, some organizations may require even more flexibility. New checks can be created by your team, tailored to fit your needs, and implemented within the product. With these new checks and the power of IronSphere, you have the ability to setup acceptable limits and standards for your mainframe components not covered by a DISA STIG.
Just like any typical component with a DISA STIG on IronSphere, security vulnerabilities and remediation steps are provided after running these checks is complete.
This z/OS security tool will reduce workload required to comply with government regulatory standards as compliance was major focus during development. IronSphere can help become compliant with NIST ISCM, FISMA, GDPR, and others; it uses DISA STIGs and can facilitate Risk Management Framework implementation on the mainframe.
Mainframe expertise is not required to view and understand the system’s risks and the course of action that must be followed to resolve them! The GUI provides an opportunity for those outside of the mainframe world to have visibility into this critical system and its vulnerabilities.
IronSphere has the ability to provide additional mainframe security on top of your already hardened system! It does this by identifying vulnerabilities and system issues through continuous monitoring. Following standards and all best practices will result in achieving an unthinkable level of z/OS security and smooth audits.
- An ISCM, RMF-based tool that continuously monitors the mainframe on an optimal schedule
- Real-time z/OS monitoring helps protect data, achieve top-level security, comply with standards
- Helps pass security compliance protocols for z/OS: NIST ISCM, DISA, FISMA, GDPR, & more
- GRC for z/OS solution; ideal for many industries: government, financial, insurance
- Doesn’t require z/OS expertise to interpret results in GUI; additional fix information for z/OS Team
- Provides a single point of reporting for mainframe system health and risks to the system
- Saves resources via automatic delivery of DISA STIGs for required system software updates
- Lowers overhead and lessens reliance on scarce, experienced mainframe experts; better use of experts
- Lean agent gathers data on mainframe efficiently, leaves no trace behind
- Flexible solution: define user roles, create your own system checks/STIGs, and can configure other settings
- Runs on many mainframe operating systems: z/OS, Linux on IBM Z, z/VSE, z/VM, z/TPF, AS/400
- Enhanced security, advanced breach avoidance, compliance for large organizations
- Helps smaller z/OS shops with best practices, heightened security, lower costs through automatic process
IronSphere: z/OS STIG Compliance Automation and Mainframe Security
1 Minute Overview
IronSphere Automatically and Continuously:
Key Differentiators vs. Competing Solutions:
Exploring DISA STIGs for z/OS and Automating the Process
Thank you for those that joined us for this 30-minute webinar. If you weren’t able to attend, you can watch it now.
The agenda of this webinar includes a presentation by Stu Henderson regarding STIGs for z/OS as well as a demo of IronSphere for z/OS, a tool that automates most of the tedious STIG compliance process.
z/OS Security & Compliance Software
Check out the latest SDS mainframe security software solutions. These popular products also offer relevant and significant compliance assistance on z/OS.
Phone: (800) 443-6183
Phone: (763) 571-9000
1322 81st Ave NE
Spring Lake Park, MN