Dependable, dynamic CICS management
Looking to replace your CICS management system (e.g., CA DADS)? CAFC provides the functionality you’re familiar with. Plus, new features are continually added. Concerned about the conversion process? We’ve helped many customers with the conversion over to CAFC and we’ll help you throughout the process.
CAFC is proven and reliable; many of the largest companies in the financial and insurance industries trust CAFC with their CICS management needs.
CAFC is a comprehensive CICS management system that automatically controls groups of transactions and their corresponding resources. Batch functions can run with no system downtime and no operator involvement.
Operators can build logical lists of CICS resources, then create commands for the list either online or from a batch job. A single command can open or close several – or several hundred – files and process the associated resources. Most DD statements in the JCL job stream are removed, which expedites system startup.
CAFC simplifies and automates CICS commands for files, transactions, and databases, increasing reliability and decreasing errors.
In the 10+ years since competing products have been stabilized, CAFC has added dozens of new features and enhancements.
While being an economical replacement to CA DADS Plus, CAFC also has award-winning technical support and a very stable future ahead.
Seamlessly moves files and databases between CICS and batch processes without operator involvement.
Automatically opens files and enables transactions while simultaneously managing the associated resources.
Allocates files when they are opened and frees them when they are closed. Dramatically reduces file interaction during initialization.
- Eliminates unavailable data sets for batch runs
- Manages data sets without hard-coded JCL, reducing complexity and errors
- Allows full control of test files and transactions
- Extends testing even during active system hours
- Runs batch jobs and data transfers without disrupting other users
- Offers optional security, including passwords and external SAF interface such as RACF, ACF2, or Top Secret
- Controls security either within CICS or directly from the CAFC security facility
- Improves reliability, reduces errors, and extends productivity
- Proven software that is being used by many of the largest companies in the US
- Replaces CA DADS Plus cost-effectively
Best-in-Class Support from SDS
The SDS team is ready to help guide you through the conversion process if you’re interested in replacing your CICS management system (e.g., CA DADS Plus). Recently, several customers have successfully converted to using CAFC with conversion assistance from SDS.
Access to expert SDS support technicians makes all the difference. The 100% US-based support team have specific training and know-how to help quickly diagnose and resolve any issue that may arise.
Customer-driven enhancements are available in each CAFC release. In fact, SDS has offered first-day support for each new CICS release since acquiring CAFC in 2016.
SDS has four decades of experience maintaining CICS software and a strong commitment to the future of the mainframe.