Dependable, dynamic CICS management
CAFC is a comprehensive CICS management system that automatically controls groups of transactions and their corresponding resources. Batch functions can run with no system downtime and no operator involvement.
CAFC is proven and reliable; many of the largest companies in the financial and insurance industries trust CAFC with their CICS management needs.
Operators can build logical lists of CICS resources, then create commands for the list either online or from a batch job. A single command can open or close several – or several hundred – files and process the associated resources. Most DD statements in the JCL job stream are removed, which expedites system startup.
CAFC simplifies and automates CICS commands for files, transactions, and databases, increasing reliability and decreasing errors.
CAFC continues to be updated regularly with dozens of new features and enhancements added since CA DADS Plus was functionally stabilized in 2012.
While being an economical replacement to CA DADS Plus, CAFC also has award-winning technical support and a very stable future ahead.
Seamlessly moves files and databases between CICS and batch processes without operator involvement.
Automatically opens files and enables transactions while simultaneously managing the associated resources.
Allocates files when they are opened and frees them when they are closed. Dramatically reduces file interaction during initialization.
- Eliminates unavailable data sets for batch runs
- Manages data sets without hard-coded JCL, reducing complexity and errors
- Allows full control of test files and transactions
- Extends testing even during active system hours
- Runs batch jobs and data transfers without disrupting other users
- Offers optional security, including passwords and external SAF interface such as RACF, ACF2, or Top Secret
- Controls security either within CICS or directly from the CAFC security facility
- Improves reliability, reduces errors, and extends productivity
- Proven software that is being used by many of the largest companies in the US
- Replaces CA DADS Plus cost-effectively
In 2016, SDS acquired CAFC from NETEC International. Former NETEC customers can now benefit from SDS product development, maintenance, and award-winning technical support.
SDS has extensive experience with CICS software and a commitment to mainframe products. Customer-driven enhancements are available in each software release and are included at no additional cost.
With your existing or renewed support contract, you now have access to expert SDS support technicians to help quickly diagnose and resolve any issue that may arise.
Contact SDS for answers to any questions about migrating CAFC support.