A new release of VitalSigns for Network Automation & Control™–VNAC 5.1.0–is available for download from the SDS website.
This is the first G.A. version of VNAC 5.1 and there are plenty of enhancements and fixes in this release. An important change is that VNAC 5.1.0+ will no longer require the Java browser plugin on the client side (if using JNLP).
For an overview of what’s new in VNAC 5.1.0, see vnacNew.pdf. For complete details on all enhancements/fixes, see ReadMeVNAC51.rtf. Both files, along with the product download, are available at:
Enhancement and Fix Highlights for VNAC 5.1.0 include:
Starting with 5.1, VNAC no longer requires Java on the client side if you’re using JNLP. This means that any browser will work and you won’t have to use the Java browser plugin for VNAC any longer.
Below are some helpful points and features related to VNAC 5.1.0.
- Agent installed and maintained via SMP/E
- Support JNLP (removes Java JRE in the browser requirement)
- Tomcat updated to incorporate latest security patches
- Derby updated to updated to incorporate latest security patches
- Support long passwords (passphrases)
- VSDSF exec improved performance, reduced storage requirements, and additional features such as find and repeat find
- Increase key length for global variables to 64 bytes
- Allow for choice of (T)ime or (I)nterval priority on timers when timezone changes
- Support message filters up to 64 characters
- Allow multiple timers to be purged at once in TIMERS exec
- Allow multiple variables to be purged at once in GVARS exec
- Allow timerid to be changed
- Allow for threshold warnings on MaxLogRate and MaxCmdRate
- Provide “commands issued” count per message filter
- Optional automatic loop detection for REXX execs
- Improved diagnostics for Short On Storage (SOS) conditions
- User defined query periods can be saved on log and SAW queries
This is the base GA version for VNAC 5.1+. Starting with 5.1.0, maintenance will be provided via SMP/E. There will be no longer be mod levels.
Thank you for using VitalSigns for NAC and we trust the improvements in 5.1.0 will serve you well,
The Entire SDS Team
SDS welcomes your questions. Please contact SDS Technical Support at https://issues.sdsusa.com or (763) 571-9000.