Peeling the Onion! Exploring Mainframe File Transfer Methods & Best Options for Security
October 4, 2023
Methods to Securing z/OS File Transfers
This educational webinar will explore data security on the mainframe, focusing on ways to secure z/OS file transfers.
Why join us for our updated Peeling the Onion webinar? It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3:
- Your most important and sensitive data is likely housed on your mainframe.
- Securing that data during transfer isn’t guaranteed and is a crucial compliance mandate with massive potential costs.
- Using the file transfer method(s) that work best for your organization will ensure security compliance and drastically reduce your risk exposure.
The VFTP-SSH Collaboration
There are many methods to consider when trying to find the best solution for your mainframe file transfers. These are the solution layers we’ll focus on during the webinar:
- FTPS (FTP over SSL)
- FTP over SSH Tunnel
- SFTP (Secure FTP)
- FTP to SFTP
- FTP using PGP Encryption
There are significant differences between the methods that can perform mainframe file transfers. We will discuss each method’s Pros and Cons and when a given solution can become a security liability.
- Tim Full, Senior Support Consultant at SDS, provides Pros & Cons along with real-world examples that provide context for the FTP Layers.
- Colin van der Ross, Senior Systems Engineer at SDS, will provide several 2-minute demonstrations of the different solution layers.
This webinar is sponsored by Software Diversified Services (SDS) in partnership with SSH.com
z/OS Security & Compliance Software
Check out the latest SDS mainframe security software solutions. These popular products also offer relevant and significant compliance assistance on z/OS.