Exploring the Technology and Details of Securing FTP on z/OS and Beyond
October 16, 2019
Secure File Transfers to and from z/OS
This educational webinar focuses on transferring data from the mainframe.
We will look into the different scenarios that users face daily when transferring files to a variety of different platforms from z/OS.
For instance, the experts will cover some of the challenges technicians face when transferring data from z/OS to distributed platforms and how to control character conversion, transferring binary files, EOL conversions, and more.
Jan Hlinovsky, Product Manager, Tectia SSH Server for IBM z/OS, at SSH.com. Jan’s presentation will describe the different scenarios encountered by Secure FTP users during their daily jobs.
Colin van der Ross, Senior Systems Engineer at SDS. Colin will provide context for Jan’s presentation while demonstrating our z/OS SFTP solution.
FTP is a readily available, convenient, and inexpensive technology to transfer files and data sets between z/OS and a virtually unlimited number of other operating system platforms. This session will look into different scenarios encountered daily when transferring files from z/OS to different platforms. We will discuss the following topics in this session.
- SDS and SSH Communications Security backgrounds/focus
- Different scenarios technicians face daily when transferring files from z/OS to distributed platforms
- How to control character conversion, transferring binary files, EOL conversions, and more
- Demonstration of our joint Secure FTP for z/OS solution
- This demo will focus on some of the scenarios presented earlier
This webinar is sponsored by Software Diversified Services (SDS) in partnership with SSH.com.
z/OS Security & Compliance Software
Check out the latest SDS mainframe security software solutions. These popular products also offer relevant and significant compliance assistance on z/OS.
- Seven Vulnerabilities of Thick-Client TN3270 EmulatorsSeptember 14, 2021 - 12:16 pm
- Cloud Compiling Partners With SDS to Distribute Cloud-Based Compiling Solution for MainframesAugust 17, 2021 - 11:03 am
- Quarterly SDS Virtel NewsletterJune 24, 2021 - 12:05 pm
- Three Use-cases of ConicIT in actionMay 19, 2021 - 12:03 pm
Phone: (800) 443-6183
Phone: (763) 571-9000
1322 81st Ave NE
Spring Lake Park, MN