SDS software for z/OS sends critical operating logs to SIEM immediately as they occur, in real time, for consolidation and correlation with security logs from all the other systems in a network.
Deb Hodson, 763-571-9000, email@example.com.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN – March 1, 2015 – Software Diversified Services (SDS) provides z/OS administrators with the tools to incorporate z/OS logs into network- and enterprise-wide security management (SIEM) programs, and to do so immediately, the moment potential threats appear in z/OS monitoring records.
“In a large, mainframe-connected network, suspect events can number in the millions per day,” said Jim Lampi, vice president of SDS. “Vigilance demands the power to immediately correlate potential breaches at any and all steps in the communication path.”
“In other words,” Lampi summarized, “SIEM programs at the heart of enterprise security need a live, robust connection to the z/OS infrastructure.”
Typically, data from z/OS mainframes is overlooked by centralized SIEM security programs, or it is delivered in nightly reports, hours after the potential damage is done.
The SDS SIEM agent for z/OS converts SMF records into standard syslog data immediately, as the records are written so SMF, and sends that data to SIEM programs for integration with similar data from other platforms.
The SDS z/OS SIEM agent…
- Monitors security data from z/OS, USS, SMF, and z/OS operator interface.
- Connects with established z/OS security: RACF®, ACF2™, and Top Secret®.
- Profiles TSO users, then recognizes anomalies in TSO sessions.
- Provides APIs for defining TSO, CICS, and z/OS batch events to watch.
- Delivers real-time alerts and intelligence data to all widely used SIEM software, including IBM QRadar®, McAfee ESM, SPLUNK, ArcSight, and enVision.
- Is an invaluable tool for bringing z/OS shops into SOX, PCI, and HIPAA compliance.
About Software Diversified Services
Founded in 1982, Software Diversified Services (SDS) is a Minnesota-based company that provides business software solutions to hundreds of customers worldwide, including many Global 500 companies. Current customers represent industries including banking, finance, insurance, retail and government. Rated No. 1 by the prestigious IBEX Bulletin, SDS is noted for its industry-leading software, documentation and technical support. For more information about Software Diversified Services, please visit www.sdsusa.com.