Is your IP monitor primed to alert you to critical events?
VIP is a precise and thorough IP monitor that lets you…
- Instantly search all monitoring data for a target name or value.
- Follow direct links from performance alerts to monitoring data for the resources that caused them.
- Conduct real-time IP packet traces, via batch jobs, or interactively in an intuitive graphic interface.
VIP will improve your mean-time-to-awareness of system status.
VIP cuts costs over legacy products and is a comprehensive, one-stop solution.
The latest VitalSigns for IP…
- Can use AT-TLS security, a TCP/IP stack option that encrypts messages and transactions.
- Recognizes passphrases, the longer, more-secure alternative to passwords.
- Summarizes OSA performance data by OSA port, no matter how many LPARs use that port.
- Provides dynamic, real-time mapping of your complex IP environment with a central repository and single-screen viewing.
- Includes a full set of diagnostic tools: Route tracing for Enterprise Extender. Packet tracing for OSA-Express. Quick searches to find and drop connections of any kind. Ping and traceroute for all common protocols.
VIP monitors all the IP traffic among all z/OS TCPIP stacks, including FTP, OSA-Express4S and 5S, and Sysplex Distributors at IPv6 addresses.
VIP provides network history reporting and verifies service-level agreements.
VIP can trigger automatic repairs by sending alerts to its companion product, VitalSigns for Network Automation and Control (VNAC).
This webinar is sponsored by Software Diversified Services (SDS).