A Smarter Approach to Compiling on z/OS
Cloud Compiling for z/OS delivers virtual compiling with all of the benefits of cloud computing, including lower costs, improved efficiency, increased system controls and the ability to scale quickly.
- Your organization will be using the same compilers that you currently use and from the z/OS programmers’ perspective, nothing will change when switching to Cloud Compiling for z/OS. The major change is the reduction in costs available by compiling more efficiently with Cloud Compiling for z/OS.
- Install is quick and easy. The trial version will be up-and-running within an hour. There isn’t much additional work required to install and configure the full version. There is no data migration, IPL’s, authorized libraries, supervisor calls, z/OS parmlib changes and no changes to your existing JCL.
- Additionally, code is transferred securely to and from your mainframe with the highest security standards in place to ensure security throughout the entire process.
Reduce your monthly z/OS-related compiler licenses by compiling more efficiently with Cloud Compiling for z/OS. Plus, once you’re doing your compiling on the cloud, your overall MSU usage will drop!
Customers are guaranteed a minimum 50% reduction in z/OS compiler license costs. Also, customers have seen up to 70% reduction in compiler MSU usage when switching to Cloud Compiling for z/OS.
Very quick install and no additional work for your z/OS programmer.
The trial version takes less than an hour to be fully installed and operational.
Without requiring JCL changes, the full install doesn’t take much additional time to setup. In fact, once implemented, there won’t be any noticeable change on your end with how the compiling process works.
Security of your code is paramount. There are redundancies to ensure security for your code at all times.
Cloud Compiling for z/OS always uses the highest mainframe security standards to secure your code throughout the process; PassTickets are utilized to secure code while it’s in motion to and from the cloud.
- Increase efficiency by reducing z/OS compiler costs by 50% or more
- MSU usage and spikes are lowered with significant MLC savings
- Quick install software; takes less than an hour to install trial package
- No risk to try software; we share your cost savings
- Use as installed software or as a service depending on your desired configuration
- No additional work for z/OS programmers
- Easier and more affordable to scale in future with less redundancies
- Cloud Compiling’s Secure Cloud is secured by RACF; TLS, SSL, VPN and PassTickets are supported
- Supports invocation from CALL, LINK, or ATTACH in the same manner as your existing compilers
- Supported on all versions of z/OS and supports all versions of COBOL, PL/1, Fortran and C++
Webinar coming soon!
We are planning a webinar to highlight Cloud Compiling on z/OS right now. Please check back in the coming weeks for more details.