VitalSigns for IP | VIP | Webinar
Join this information-rich webinar. See what's new in the best tool for monitoring z/OS networks
See what's happening on your network
Anywhere, Any time.
VitalSigns for IP™:
An IP Monitor Primed for the Future
Is your IP monitor primed to alert you to critical events?
VIP is a precise and thorough IP monitor that lets you...
• Instantly search all monitoring data for a target name or value, and
• Follow direct links from performance alerts to monitoring data for the resources that caused them.
• Conduct real-time IP packet traces, via batch jobs,
or interactively in an intuitive graphic interface.
VIP will improve your mean-time-to-awareness of system status.
Please join us for this information-rich, LIVE demonstration.
Recorded Aug. 26
Is your IP monitor ready for the Future? VIP is cost-saving over legacy products, and a comprehensive one-stop solution.
The latest VitalSigns for IP ...
• Can use AT-TLS security, a TCP/IP stack option that encrypts messages and transactions.
• Recognizes pass phrases, the longer, more-secure alternative to passwords.
• Summarizes OSA performance data by OSA port, no matter how many LPARs use that port.
• Provides dynamic real-time mapping of your complex IP environment with a central repository and single-screen viewing.
• Includes a full set of diagnostic tools: Route tracing for Enterprise Extender. Packet tracing for OSA-Express. Quick searches to find and drop connections of any kind. Ping and traceroute for all common protocols.
VIP monitors all the IP traffic among your z/OS TCPIP stacks, including FTP, OSA-Express4S and 5S, and Sysplex Distributors at IPv6 addresses.
VIP provides network history reporting and verifies service-level agreements.
VIP can trigger automatic repairs by sending alerts to its companion product, VitalSigns for Network Automation and Control™ (VNAC).
Recorded Aug. 26, 2015
This webinar is sponsored by Software Diversified Services (SDS), a z/OS MVS, VSE, and VM software company with a 32-year track record and more than 1,000 licensed clients worldwide.