SDS releases a new version of its CICS Management Product, CAFC 6.1.00. This new CICS/TS 6.1-compatible version of CAFC also contains numerous new features and capabilities.
Lori Kettles, 763-571-9000, email@example.com
MINNEAPOLIS, MN – March 31, 2022 – Software Diversified Services (SDS) is very pleased to announce a new release of CICS Application File Control, CAFC 6.1.00, is Generally Available.
This will accomplish your expectations of SDS offering day one support for IBM CICS Transaction Server for z/OS, CICS/TS 6.1, when it becomes Generally Available (UPDATED June 17, 2022: read about CAFC 6.1.00 MAINT001 release here).
CAFC 6.1.00 also provides additional functionality and new features. These enhancements were requested by CAFC users and implemented by the SDS CICS development team.
Highlights of the CAFC 6.1.00 Release
- Support for CICS Transaction Server 5.4 through 6.1.
- In the SET_CICS command, the APPLID can now use a generic CICS name with wildcards.
- Improved RACF security functionality, including the generation of SMF 80 records on successful and failed access attempts and improved handling of ICH408I messages. Samples to create RACF classes and profiles are also now included in INSTALL member @I90INST.
- Improvements to the CAFC batch interface:
- The addition of an option to run the CAFC batch interface APF authorized. This will allow more targeted SMF 80 records to be produced when security checks are performed against resource access attempts.
- Added the ability to optionally check OPER profiles as part of RACF security checks.
- Improved handling of failed LU6.2 connections when executing multiple CAFC commands via the batch interface.
- Added the ability to enable and disable all CAFC trace destinations.
- Improved security handling for CAFC online reports.
- Serviceability improvements:
- Improvements in trace output printing to help reduce the size of trace output.
- Improvements to trace output to correctly print lower case characters.
- CAFC batch will now automatically turn on tracing to the CAFCTRAC DD when no trace outputs have been previously selected.
CAFC Customer Notes
- To download CAFC 6.1.00, you will need an updated access key. Please contact support in order to receive a new CAFC download access key.
- For a complete list of enhancements and fixes, please see the What’s New PDF, which is available once you’re logged into the SDS downloads webpage.
- Unsure which CAFC version is compatible with your version of CICS/TS?
- Please take a look at the updated CAFC-CICS matrix below if you’re unsure which version(s) of CAFC will work with your CICS/TS level, z/OS level, or IBM Processor.
- If you’d like to run the new CICS/TS 6.1 once it’s G.A., please download CAFC 6.1.00.
- With the release of CAFC 6.1.00, we have scheduled the CAFC 5.5.00 End of Service date for March 30, 2023.
Thank you for using CAFC,
The Entire SDS Team
Founded in 1982, Software Diversified Services delivers comprehensive, affordable mainframe and distributed software with a focus on cybersecurity and compliance. Hundreds of organizations worldwide, including many Fortune 500 companies, rely on SDS software. Our expert development and award-winning technical support teams are based in Minneapolis, MN. To learn more, please visit www.sdsusa.com.
We offer individualized product demonstrations by request. Your organization can also try SDS Software on your system for 30 days, free of charge.