SDS is pleased to announce the acquisition of NETEC’s CICS Application File Control System (CAFC™) software effective August 1, 2016. CAFC customers can now benefit from enhanced support, maintenance, and product development.
*Prospective customers: CAFC can replace CA-DADS™ Plus, even if a timely replacement is required. CAFC efficiently automates CICS transactions while reducing several associated costs. Request a free CAFC demo or trial.
CAFC Customers will gain access to:
- Award-winning, 24/7 SDS Technical Support.
- Specialized expertise in z/OS networking and security products.
- Continued product enhancements based on customer requests and requirements.
With decades of experience building and supporting z/OS mainframe software, SDS has the expertise and support infrastructure to continually improve CAFC and deliver outstanding service to its user base. The company’s proven longevity and commitment to the mainframe market—in particular, extensive experience with CICS management software—make SDS the ideal choice to take CAFC to the next level.
We’re confident that CAFC customers will enjoy a seamless transition and excellent service from SDS. The SDS team is excited about this acquisition and we look forward to working with you.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Software Diversified Services (SDS) has licensed more than 1,000 enterprise clients worldwide with award-winning mainframe software, documentation, and technical support since 1982. SDS is an IBM Registered Business Partner.
What is the value of SDS 24/7 Support?
With SDS 24/7 Support, customers can expect to drive more value from their software investment. We have combined the talents, technologies, and vision of SDS plus acquired support organizations to create the most progressive support services available anywhere. By building on our complementary strengths and our shared commitment to innovation, SDS Support sets the standard.
What are the key components of SDS 24/7 Support?
- Award-winning service and support to quickly diagnose and resolve issues.
- SDS support specialists with an average tenure of over 20 years and experience supporting SDS products across all major industries.
- Powerful diagnostic tools to quickly identify the root cause of issues.
- Collaborative relationships with leading hardware and software vendors to isolate and troubleshoot multivendor interoperability issues.
- New releases are available via the SDS website when you’re ready to upgrade.
Tools and resources to get the most from your SDS products:
- Proactive advice to improve system and software performance.
- Full technical documentation is provided for your software and is updated for every release. Current SDS manuals are always available to download via the SDS website.
Product innovation to keep pace with change and capitalize on new opportunities:
- Ongoing, customer-driven enhancements to software functionality, performance, stability, and interoperability.
- New software releases and updates are included with your support contract.
- SDS technical support advisors will provide assistance as needed during the upgrade process.
Support Migration Pricing and Policies
When will former support contracts be migrated to SDS 24/7 Support?
Effective August 1, 2016, all customers will be migrated from NETEC to SDS Support.
Will my support renewal fees increase once I migrate to SDS 24/7 Support?
Your support pricing will not change at the first SDS support renewal, assuming you renew the same licenses. If you would like further information regarding the migration of your support contract, please contact our contracts specialist.
If I purchase new products, my understanding is that those new products will have support priced at SDS list support fees, while our existing products remain at their current support fees. Is this true?
Yes, this is true. SDS 24/7 Support fees for existing customers who purchase additional programs and/or user licenses will be priced per the SDS price list, which is very similar to NETEC fees.
At our support renewal, when we migrate to SDS 24/7 Support, will we have to sign any type of new contract to receive that service?
If your current support contract is subject to changes, then no new amendment or contract is required to migrate to SDS support. When your next support renewal is due, you will receive the SDS Technical Support policies.
Can I continue to renew my current support plan?
Your current support program is no longer available to renew. All customers will be migrated to SDS 24/7 Support.
Support Renewal Process
Who will contact me about my Support Renewal? What if I have questions?
Our contracts specialist will contact you when your current support contract is nearing expiration. We will help you understand any impact of proposed SDS changes and policies and facilitate a smooth transition. Please contact SDS with any questions.
Call SDS at 1-800-443-6183 with any questions