Security Solutions for the Mainframe
plus an Extended Trial Offer
April 22, 2020
We will focus on 2 key mainframe security areas during this webinar. Plus we have an extended trial offer that we’ll explain during the webinar.
First, we’ll discuss securing FTP on z/OS. Then we’ll look at security event records and an excellent solution to automatically filter and deliver these records to any SIEM in real time.
- Colin van der Ross, Sr. Systems Engineer at Software Diversified Services. Colin’s experience ranges from TCPIP, Network Management, Security, and Network Performance solutions. Prior to working for SDS, Colin worked at a large Bank where he was a Systems programmer specializing mainly on the network area for more than 20 years.
Automate, Simplify, & Comply
Filling Important Security & Compliance Gaps
Migrate FTP to SFTP without batch JCL changes
FTP is a readily available, convenient, and inexpensive technology to transfer files and data sets between z/OS and a virtually unlimited number of other operating system platforms. This short presentation will cover the Pros and Cons of regular FTP and briefly discuss the many options available to customers to migrate off unsecured FTP. Topics include:
- Why is FTP so Vulnerable?
- Options available to secure FTP
- Live Demo of a solution that makes it easy to migrate to SFTP without making any JCL changes
Fill your Mainframe Security Monitoring Gap via SIEM & Custom, Granular Filtering
Is your shop making use of all the z/OS security event logs at your disposal? Perhaps the sheer quantity is too difficult to handle with your current processes? Let VitalSigns SIEM Agent™ for z/OS (VSA) automate and simplify this task. By filtering out the noise and delivering only the important event records to your SIEM, there will be fewer false alarms and much lower costs than you’d expect.
- Live demo of SMF events and console messages delivered to QRadar and Splunk
- Granular filtering
- Suggested SMF 80 events to monitor
SDS is here to help during these trying times. An offer to consider:
- Complimentary extended trial of these products through October 31, 2020.
- Unlimited number of LPAR’s.
- Notification to proceed with this offer must be received by May 15, 2020.
SDS understands that every organization has been impacted in different ways by COVID-19. We will be flexible in supporting your unique requirements and assisting your organization with your mainframe security needs. We look forward to having a discussion to see how we are able to help.
This webinar is sponsored by Software Diversified Services (SDS).
z/OS Security & Compliance Software
Check out the latest SDS mainframe security software solutions. These popular products also offer relevant and significant compliance assistance on z/OS.