Easily analyze a packet trace containing thousands of packets and isolate issues
Watch this complimentary SSL Problem Finder webinar.
Analyze a packet trace with thousands of packets containing TLS sessions. Find out which sessions have failures and where. Find out which sessions have performance problems and why. And, we have one hour to do it.
Nalini Elkins, CEO and Founder of Inside Products, Inc. Nalini is a recognized leader in the field of computer performance measurement and analysis. Nalini has a strong computer networking background, but specializes in network performance analysis, measurement, monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting of large enterprise computing networks including TCP/IP and SNA. In 2014, Nalini was awarded the prestigious AA Michelson Award by the Computer Measurement Group (CMG).
- Analyze a packet trace with thousands of packets containing TLS sessions. Find out which sessions have failures and where. Find out which sessions have performance problems and why. And, we have one hour to do it.
How did we do it?
- We used our SSL Problem Finder product.
- It analyzed the packet trace in 5 minutes. Then, we started looking at the results.
What did we find?
- There were 385 handshakes. 342 were good and 43 handshakes were bad. Some handshakes took over 2 seconds with at least one as bad as 8 seconds.
- Some of the failing handshakes had a bad server certificate.
- There were also some potential application performance problems because of how the application data was sent for encryption. We can tell you of a case where one byte at a time was sent to be encrypted with 20 bytes of overhead per byte (95% overhead!).
- We used the rest of the time to see the proportion of data traffic to the handshake and to analyze the handshake timing.
- We can also see that the Tor browser was used for this session because of the Server Name in the TLS handshake.
This webinar is sponsored by Software Diversified Services (SDS) in partnership with Inside Products, Inc.