VitalSigns for IP | VIP | Enterprise Extender Monitoring
Enterprise Extender packages mainframe SNA-VTAM messages into IP packets for transport over the TCP/IP network. VIP monitors the performance and routing of Enterprise Extender communications. Click below to see full-size screen images.
IBM Enterprise Extender at a Glance
Enterprise Extender at a Glance summarizes E.E. configuration and performance, in two tables:
- Connection Summary: E.E. monitoring from the VTAM side. Summaries for each E.E. instance, and individual records for each class of service.
- Port Summary: E.E. monitoring from the TCP/IP side, individual records for each class of service.
For details, right-click on a data-row.
IBM Enterprise Extender Details
Every available detail about IBM Enterprise Extender:
- E.E. status and availability.
- Bytes, datagrams, and packets in and out.
- Hop counts and round-trip times.
- IP addresses for every node in route, and alerts when route changes.
- Retry and retransmit counts.
- Counts of LU-to-LU sessions.
Every Enterprise Extender detail over a recent time span:
- Report spans days, weeks, months--depending on the amount of traffic and the file-space allocated.
- Easily zero-in on specific time span, then scroll forward and back.
- Print or graph selected fields.
E.E. History Graph
- For any of an object’s numeric fields, click and drag the mouse to select fields and times to graph.
- Select from 17 shapes of graph--lines, pies, bars, etc.
- Export raw data to comma-separated tables.