Migrate to a More Secure and Manageable 3270 TE Solution for the Future
October 29, 2020
Secure Mainframe Access with Virtel
This SHARE-hosted webinar will highlight some of the reasons to consider migrating to Virtel for your organization’s 3270 Terminal Emulation.
We will try to wrap up the webinar within 30 minutes.
Thank you to those that were able to join us for the live webinar.
Virtel Web Access
- Patrick Fournier, from SysperTec, has an extensive background (30 years as Project Manager) in Enterprise modernization services. He currently serves as a Solution Architect for the Virtel Web Suite, which is published by SysperTec.
There are many reasons to consider migrating to Virtel Web Access for 3270 Terminal Emulation. Here are just two of them:
- The Java applets and browser extensions/plugins of your legacy TN3270 emulator are no longer supported by Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari. So, unless you want to stay on IE forever…
- With many 3270 TE end-users working from home – often using their personal computers – it becomes paramount to deploy a secure 3270 TE access solution that works instantly with any web-enabled client device.
Virtel Web Access is a thin-client (browser-based) 3270 TE solution which provides those benefits and more. It relies on end-to-end (client devices to mainframe) SSL-encrypted HTTPS connections (no middle-tier server!) that are compliant with FIPS 140.2, TLS 1.2/1.3 and IPV2/IPV6.
Using VWA does not require installing, administering, or supporting anything on the end-user’s device. Meeting your organization’s security and compliance policies is much easier when using VWA as your 3270 TE solution.
In this webinar, see how migrating to VWA will help your organization continue to prosper on the z/OS mainframe.
As we all know, things are not always going as planned in 2020. Unfortunately, we had to delay our discussion on how Virtel can help replace 3270 screens with modern web GUIs. This is another way that Virtel can assist an organization’s digital transformation affordably, while remaining on the mainframe.
This webinar will be hosted by SHARE and is sponsored by Software Diversified Services (SDS) in partnership with SysperTec.
Virtel Web Access
- Seven Vulnerabilities of Thick-Client TN3270 EmulatorsSeptember 14, 2021 - 12:16 pm
- Cloud Compiling Partners With SDS to Distribute Cloud-Based Compiling Solution for MainframesAugust 17, 2021 - 11:03 am
- Quarterly SDS Virtel NewsletterJune 24, 2021 - 12:05 pm
- Three Use-cases of ConicIT in actionMay 19, 2021 - 12:03 pm
Phone: (800) 443-6183
Phone: (763) 571-9000
1322 81st Ave NE
Spring Lake Park, MN