Secure Mainframe Access with Virtel
This webinar will highlight the major security vulnerabilities associated with traditional, thick-client TN3270 terminal emulators.
This presentation will cover the following topics:
- The importance of security and Virtel Web Suite overview
- Seven weaknesses of traditional TN3270 terminal emulators
- How using Virtel as a thin-client (browser-based) 3270 terminal emulator helps with security
This 22-minute webinar is available on-demand!
Beginning September 15, 2021, you will be able to register and watch this webinar whenever you have time.
Virtel Web Suite
- Works instantly with any web client available today or tomorrow.
- BYOD and Cloud compatible.
- Reduce cost, lower risk, implementation time is reduced.
- No application code impact, no host application change.
Virtel Web Access
- Replace your 3270 Terminal Emulator and Save up to 80%
- Ultra-Thin Client Architecture promotes Security, Mobility, Flexibility
- Serve 3270 Screens on Browser over Encrypted HTTPS Connections
- End Dependence on Unsafe Applets and Plugins: Java plugin is NOT used
- Simplify Support Needs and Lower Costs across the board
- Patrick Fournier, from SysperTec, has an extensive background (30 years as Project Manager) in Enterprise modernization services. He currently serves as a Solution Architect for the Virtel Web Suite, which is published by SysperTec.
Security is paramount to most organizations, including those whose business relies on mainframe 3270 applications. But accessing the applications through thick-client TN3270 emulators exposes them to web attacks.
Here are seven vulnerabilities of thick-client TN3270 emulators that can be eliminated by migrating to a thin-client browser-based 3270 terminal emulator like Virtel Web Access:
- Exposed Terminal Emulation Code
- Reliance on Internet Explorer
- Exposed Unaudited Macros
- Threatened IAM Integration
- No Access Audit Trail
- VPN-Dependent Encryption
- Exposed 3270 Fields
These seven weaknesses will be explored during this on-demand webinar.
This webinar is sponsored by Software Diversified Services (SDS) in partnership with SysperTec.
Our latest Virtel Web Access webinar from May 26, 2021 is available here.
Our Virtel Web Access webinar from October 29, 2020 is available here.
Business Digital Transformation
Continue Using Mainframe Applications with a Practical Approach
This is our latest Virtel Web Suite webinar – May 16, 2019.
Virtel Web Access
- Seven Vulnerabilities of Thick-Client TN3270 EmulatorsSeptember 14, 2021 - 12:16 pm
- Cloud Compiling Partners With SDS to Distribute Cloud-Based Compiling Solution for MainframesAugust 17, 2021 - 11:03 am
- Quarterly SDS Virtel NewsletterJune 24, 2021 - 12:05 pm
- Three Use-cases of ConicIT in actionMay 19, 2021 - 12:03 pm
Phone: (800) 443-6183
Phone: (763) 571-9000
1322 81st Ave NE
Spring Lake Park, MN