Fill your Mainframe Security Monitoring Gap via SIEM
& Custom, Granular Filtering
September 19, 2019
Learn how VSA (and SIEM) resolves critical z/OS security shortcomings
This webinar discusses the need for a high-performing z/OS SIEM Agent:
- We’ll provide a breakdown of SIEM (Security Information Event Management) and why incorporating z/OS events into the SIEM is so important.
- Results from the 2018 Enterprise Systems Media Survey regarding SIEM will be presented.
- The customizable, granular filtering options that will highlight the next VSA release are discussed.
- Lastly, we’ll provide a sneak peak at the new filtering capabilities! This will be part of a VSA demo.
- Colin van der Ross, Sr. Systems Engineer at Software Diversified Services, has a wide range of experience working with TCP/IP, network management, security, and network performance solutions. Previously, Colin worked at a large Bank where he was a Systems programmer specializing mainly on the network area for more than 20 years
- Jed Lampi, Operations and Marketing Lead at Sofware Diversified Services, will present last year’s SIEM survey results very briefly. It’ll be great to see how much the SIEM market has changed in just one year!
VitalSigns SIEM Agent for z/OS
Fill your Mainframe Security Monitoring Gap via SIEM & Custom, Granular Filtering
With 2018 Mainframe SIEM Survey Results from Enterprise Systems Media.
Is your shop making use of all the z/OS security event logs at your disposal? Perhaps the sheer quantity is too difficult to handle with your current processes?
Let VitalSigns SIEM Agent for z/OS (VSA) automate and simplify this task, sending the important security event records to any SIEM. By filtering out the noise and delivering only the important event records to your SIEM, there will be fewer false alarms and much lower costs than you’d expect.
Think this sounds good? Just wait. With the enhanced filtering capabilities that are coming in the next release, the true power of VSA will be unleashed!
About VitalSigns SIEM Agent for z/OS
- Improves the efficacy of RACF, ACF2, Top Secret, SMF, and Console messages
- Real-time delivery of z/OS alerts
- State-of-the-art capture of alerts
- Certified for CEF and LEEF formats
- Helps meet GRC logging requirements (SOX, PCI, HIPAA, and others)
- Helps track “insider threat”
VitalSigns SIEM Agent for z/OS can deliver z/OS security event records to any SIEM. It has been certified for both CEF and LEEF formats.
This VSA webinar is sponsored by Software Diversified Services (SDS).
z/OS Security & Compliance Software
Check out the latest SDS mainframe security software solutions. These popular products also offer relevant and significant compliance assistance on z/OS.
- Seven Vulnerabilities of Thick-Client TN3270 EmulatorsSeptember 14, 2021 - 12:16 pm
- Cloud Compiling Partners With SDS to Distribute Cloud-Based Compiling Solution for MainframesAugust 17, 2021 - 11:03 am
- Quarterly SDS Virtel NewsletterJune 24, 2021 - 12:05 pm
- Three Use-cases of ConicIT in actionMay 19, 2021 - 12:03 pm
Phone: (800) 443-6183
Phone: (763) 571-9000
1322 81st Ave NE
Spring Lake Park, MN