SDS is searching for a CICS Support Technician to join the team. SDS offers an excellent company culture with flexible work policies for work/life balance.
Dana Gerard, 763-571-9000, email@example.com
MINNEAPOLIS, MN – April 25, 2022 – Software Diversified Services (SDS) is interested in hiring a CICS Support Technician to join the team.
SDS is looking for a support specialist with a strong background in CICS and z/OS to aid our IBM z/Series mainframe customers. In this role, you will identify the severity of reported issues and gather appropriate documentation to identify root causes. You will collaborate with developers, sales team, product managers, and other support specialists to address and resolve issues.
SDS is based in Minneapolis, MN; however, this position is available for remote work within the continental U.S.
- Work with customer base to obtain a clear understanding of the issue being raised, providing temporary workarounds until a resolution can be identified
- Help sales team regarding customer requirements
- Review current knowledgebase for resolution regarding similar issues
- Add new knowledge to database as it is acquired
- As schedule permits, help with quality assurance tasks that may include tool building to provide regression testing suites
- Document processes and procedures as required
- Review SDS documentation and technical manuals; provide updates and recommendations as needed
- Proven work experience (8+ years) in end-user contact to help resolve reported problems
- 5+ years of experience working with IBM CICS and IBM z/OS operating system
- Ability to refine collected information and eliminate irrelevant material to focus on the root cause of the issue
- Experience scheduling and conducting meetings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be an energetic and motivated self-starter who can manage multiple issues
- Must be able to work in a team environment and individual setting
- Must sometimes accommodate domestic and international customers in different time zones
- University degree or certified technical training specializing in Communications, Computer Science, Programming, or equivalent
- Cursory knowledge of RACF, ACF2, and Top Secret security packages
- Background in quality assurance techniques
- Experience with Microsoft Office365 and Teams
Please send confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Even if current openings aren’t a fit for you, SDS is always looking for qualified people to submit resumes.
Founded in 1982, Software Diversified Services delivers comprehensive, affordable mainframe and distributed software with a focus on cybersecurity and compliance. Hundreds of organizations worldwide, including many Fortune 500 companies, rely on SDS software. Our expert development and award-winning technical support teams are based in Minneapolis, MN. To learn more, please visit www.sdsusa.com.