Automatically Deliver Filtered z/OS Security Event Records to your SIEM
November 18, 2020
Automatically Handle z/OS Security Event Records in Real Time
This 30-minute webinar will highlight some of the benefits of delivering filtered z/OS security events to your SIEM.
Plus, there will be a demo showing:
- How easy it is to configure the granular filtering options in VSA.
- Process that VSA handles to deliver records to Splunk in real time.
- Colin van der Ross, Sr. Systems Engineer at Software Diversified Services, has a wide range of experience working with TCP/IP, network management, security, and network performance solutions. Colin has been with SDS for over a decade and in the field for another 20+ years.
VitalSigns SIEM Agent for z/OS
Is your shop properly leveraging all the z/OS security event logs at your disposal? The sheer volume of records demands the implementation of a reliable solution to make sense of the data and send alerts when a potential serious security incident has occurred.
Let VitalSigns SIEM Agent for z/OS (VSA) automate and simplify this task. VSA has hundreds of filtering options, allowing the user to customize what needs to be delivered to their existing SIEM product. Once setup is complete, VSA will automatically filter out the noise and deliver the important event records to any SIEM in real time. VSA and its granular filtering produce fewer false alarms and lower SIEM license charges than you would see with competing event log forwarders.
Think this sounds good? Watch this webinar and see VSA in action.
- We will provide a breakdown of SIEM (Security Information Event Management) and relevant examples of why incorporating z/OS events into the SIEM is so important.
- The customizable, granular filtering options will be discussed.
- Lastly, there will be a product demo.
- Filtering setup process is demonstrated
- Sending z/OS events in real time to Splunk
This webinar is sponsored by Software Diversified Services (SDS).
z/OS Security & Compliance Software
Check out the latest SDS mainframe security software solutions. These popular products also offer relevant and significant compliance assistance on z/OS.
- Seven Vulnerabilities of Thick-Client TN3270 EmulatorsSeptember 14, 2021 - 12:16 pm
- Cloud Compiling Partners With SDS to Distribute Cloud-Based Compiling Solution for MainframesAugust 17, 2021 - 11:03 am
- Quarterly SDS Virtel NewsletterJune 24, 2021 - 12:05 pm
- Three Use-cases of ConicIT in actionMay 19, 2021 - 12:03 pm
Phone: (800) 443-6183
Phone: (763) 571-9000
1322 81st Ave NE
Spring Lake Park, MN